Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to the most common questions we receive:
(1) Will the App work on my device?
Our Android Apps are designed to work on the majority of Android phones & tablets and are currently compatible with over 12,000 different Android devices. You'll require a compatible device and Android version 4.0.3 or above to use our Apps.
(2) How do I download the App for my subscription?
• Open the Google Play store and search for the publication name followed by the word 'magazine' or 'newspaper’ i.e. "Pilot magazine" or “Sidmouth Herald newspaper”.
• Download the free App to your device.
• Once installed, open the App and tap the 'Subscriptions' button. Login using your account number and surname.
• You'll now be able to access all available editions within the App.
(3) How do I access previous issues?
To access previous issues, simply select the issue you wish to view from the homescreen of the app. Here you'll be able to access the 30 most recent editions of the publication. If you cannot see the archived editions, please tap the 'Home' button in the bottom menu to return to the homescreen.
(4) How do I zoom in?
• You can zoom in by double tapping the screen or pinch and zoom by putting your thumb and index finger on the screen and stretch them apart to zoom in and pinch them together to zoom out again.
• Alternatively, hold your device in landscape orientation and tap the double/single page toggle button (the rectangular icon with a vertical line down the middle, located in the left of the top menu bar) to switch into single page 'Reading Mode'. This pre-zoomed view is perfect for reading text and allows you to easily swipe down the page as you read.
(5) How do I view editions when I am not connected to the internet?
You can download editions to your device when you are online and save them to view when you are offline – please follow the instructions below regarding how to download an edition.
(6) How do I download an edition?
• When reading an edition, the edition will download automatically in the background and you will see a progress bar at the top of the screen to show you when the download has completed.
• Alternatively, on the homescreen, tap the download button below the edition you wish to download.
• Once downloaded, your editions can be found in the 'Downloads' section by tapping the 'Downloads' button.
(7) How much storage space will the App take up on my device?
The App itself is around 20-25mb. Each time you view an edition the App will download pages to your device to speed up page loading times. This will take up additional storage. Should you wish to clear this space you can do so by deleting downloaded editions.
• To delete editions from the app, tap the Downloads button to load the Downloads window. Then tap the delete button below the edition you wish to delete.
• To clear all downloaded editions and data, exit the app and open up the main device settings from the list of installed apps. Then select the 'Apps' option and locate the publication app. Tap this to open up the specific app settings and tap the 'Storage’ option. Tap the Clear Data button to delete all stored data from the app
• This will clear all previously downloaded data from the app and significantly reduce the amount of storage space being utilised. You may need to login to the app again after doing this.
(8) How do I delete downloaded editions?
• Tap the 'Downloads' button to go to the 'Downloads' section.
• Tap the 'Delete' button under the edition you wish to delete.
(9) The App is not responding, how do I resolve this?
• Exit the App by pressing the 'Home' button.
• Tap the Running Apps button to open up the list of running Apps.
• Swipe to close the App.
• Return to the home screen by tapping the 'Home' button.
• Now open the App up again and the problem should have been resolved.
If the problem persists, please try the following;
• Exit the app and open up the main device settings from the list of installed apps. Then select the 'Apps’ option and locate the publication app. Tap this to open up the specific app settings and tap the 'Storage' option. Tap the Clear Data button to delete all stored data from the app.
• This will reset the app back to it’s original settings.
• You may need to login to the app again after doing this.
If the problem still persists there may have been an issue during the installation of the App. In this case, please try deleting the App from your device and reinstalling from the App Store.
If there's anything not mentioned above that you'd like more assistance with please don't hesitate to get in touch